Roger/[Rodger], Thomas ♂
Apprenticed as a druggist to Dr. James Philp and then to Dr. Thomas Malcolm.
Assistant to Dr. John Adamson while he lectured to United College chemistry class and introduced by him to photography. Became first professional photographer in St Andrews, soon establishing a thriving business. First studio at New York Cottage, second in Pends Road, third North Street and in 1865 acquired St Mary’s property in Market Street. For a few years at the end of his life had a branch business in Edinburgh.
- St Andrews Citizen 13.1.1883 p4, 22.7.1922 p4
- St Andrews Gazette 26.8.1865, 17.5.1879, 5.4.1884