11. Can you give examples of the grant money can be used for?
Acceptable use of grant funds can include the following:
- Stipends, course releases, and other modes of compensation for science-related professional, as well as for special resource persons who may be brought in for consultation or to deliver a presentation.
- Website development and maintenance expenses.
- Costs for continuing education events for key personnel.
- A range of direct costs for the project itself, which will vary considerably from project to project. However, the John Templeton Foundation does not support costs for building, renovation, endowment or tuition and fees toward achieving an academic degree.
- Indirect costs for the host institution in recognition of expenses incurred which are not easily quantifiable for the direct cost budget (eg. photocopying materials for programme participants).
If your project-related support needs are not listed here, please contact Andrew Torrance for advice – firstname.lastname@example.org.