All of the documents contained in the Canterbury Records Collection are the property of the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury Cathedral and they retain sole copyright. By accessing this database, users agree to abide by the following copyright agreement. The manuscript images held on the closed-access database for the Institute of Legal and Constitutional Research, hosted by the University of St Andrews Library image database are held under the following conditions:
- That permission may be withdrawn at any time if any part of these conditions is infringed and that users shall be liable to indemnify the Dean and Chapter for any loss which it suffers because of such infringement.
- Images are for private use only unless further permissions are granted by the Canterbury Cathedral Archives.
- It is the responsibility of each individual to obtain any necessary consent to reproduce the images supplied by the Archives and Library from the owner of any copyright in the materials photographed.
- Any publications must include an acknowledgement of the Dean and Chapter (suggested wording: ‘Reproduced courtesy of the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury’) and giving the full reference number of the work(s) with page or folio number(s).
- Images for publication must be obtained from the Archives and Library or from its authorized agents. Any copyright or publication right in these images is retained by the Archives and Library. Individuals will pay the appropriate reproduction fees in addition to the Archives’ photographic charges.
- Materials will not be used for any purpose other than that specified above.