Cleghorn, Hugh Francis Clarke ♂
Also at Edinburgh University - M.D. 1841.
Apprenticed 1837 to Professor Syme, surgeon, Edinburgh for five years. Assistant surgeon Indian Medical Service 1842. Surgeon major 1862. Retired 1869. Conservator of Forests, Madras [Chennai, India] 1865 -1867. Inspector General of Forests Department 1867 - 1869. [Surgeon, doctor]
The forests and gardens of south India (London: W.H. Allen, 1861)
Died 16.5.1895 at Stravithie.
- D.G. Crawford, Roll of the Indian Medical Service, 1615-1930 (London, 1930) M1094
- F. Boase, Modern English Biography...1851-1900. 6v. (Truro, 1892-1921)
- St Andrews Citizen 18.5.1895
- R. Desmond, Dictionary of British and Irish Botanists and Horticulturalists (London, 1977) p135
- Edin. Med. Jnl. 40(2) 1895 p1138 - 40
- Trans. Proc. Bot. Soc., Edin. 20 1895 p439 - 446
- Hugh Cleghorn (forester) in Wikipedia.